Get your shorts on, it’s time for URBAN eat’s Seasonal Specials!
August 1, 2019
What’s that mysterious object in the sky? Glowing bright, greeting us in the mornings and providing, wait for it, warmth? Yes, it may have been absent for several months but the sun is back and that can only mean one thing. It’s time for URBAN eat’s summer specials!
Available now, we have two new food-to-go options this year to accompany ‘el sol’. The vegan Chipotle Chickpea & Avocado sandwich and the colourful Wiltshire Ham & Applewood® Smoky Cheddar sandwich. The sandwiches will also be in our beautiful beach hut packaging so if you weren’t feeling summery yet, we’re sure you will!
- Chipotle Chickpea & Avocado: Chipotle chickpea salsa with crushed avocado lemon juice, vegan mayonnaise and salad leaves on malted bread.
- Wiltshire Ham & Applewood® Smoky Cheddar: British Wiltshire ham with mustard slaw, smoked flavoured Cheddar, smoked onion chutney and salad leaves on soft grain bread.
URBAN eat aficionados will have spotted that this is the first time we’ve included avocado in one of our sandwiches. Suffice to say, we’re VERY excited. With 6,000 avocados sold in the UK every hour, its certainly a fruit (not a vegetable!) that we go crazy for.
To celebrate, here are a few avocado titbits you can whip out on your next picnic/long car journey/pub quiz escapade:
- In the past year, 96.7 million kilos of avocados were consumed in the UK
- Avocados are in the same family as cinnamon
- Our mighty green friend has the highest fibre content of any fruit and contain vitamin B6, vitamin C, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium, and folate
- Avocados mature on the tree, but only ripen once they are taken off the tree
- June is World Avocado Month – tell your friends, book a holiday, host a guacamole party!